Sunday, February 05, 2006

Treasure Trove of Links

There have been several places where I've read that "nobody reads blogs on the weekend", so they publish a throwaway post. Seems strange to me, why bother, when you could just skip a day? I sometimes have MORE readers on the weekend. Does that make me a weirdo? (I can hear the answer now... you ARE a weirdo, MC, but you can't blame it on your readers!) Maybe people who have no life attract other people who have no life. Que sera sera.

Its been a month and two days since I lost the ability to load blogspot.com sites. Several of you have been so kind as the send me links to individual posts, which I cannot open. If you want me to read your posts, you'll have to copy and paste the text. Sorry. I'm happy to say that Blogger Help has finally ascertained that I am not a helpless idiot who doesn't know how to click a link, and they are giving me some real geek advice. I may be a tyro, but I can follow directions. I also rewired the phone system in my house, so pat this blonde on the back!

Thanks to Cheryl at Mad Baggage for the title of this post! Also, you may have noticed the quote at the top of the page. Or not, so look now. If you leave an overblown flattering comment, I may put yours up there. And wouldn't THAT be cause for celebration (pfft)! BTW, this post contains a topless picture of Mariah Carey. Since you've read this far, you deserve to know what's ahead.

Bunny Rabbits, Satan, Cheese, and Milk. As weird as it is, this tune is quite catchy.

How the FBI is tracking terrorists on the internet.


Make your own South Park character at Planearium. I tried making one that looks like me (at left), but I had trouble getting the hair right. I also have trouble getting the hair right in real life!

Trembicky is a website for landlord horror stories.

The Wand. I loved this cartoon! It won the Grand Prize in the Intel Indies Film Contest. Deservedly so.

The Death Psychic. I could have used this for the
Death post. The best links come in a day late.

Eerie, amazing, and gross. Brain surgery in the animal kingdom. After reading that, you're gonna need a chaser. Especially us women.

Another Office parody video.

Stress-reliever aquarium (flash).

David Hasselhoff does Hooked on a Feeling.

Perspective in room painting. Stand here and see this, stand there and see something much more awesome.

Once again, I will humiliate myself for your entertainmet. Here's my Muglet. Play with the buttons on the left to make it dance. You can make your own, several styles available, mostly male. I had no luck at all naming mine or emailing it.

You could almost see it coming. Broke Mac Mountain. (Thanks, Carl!)

You should’ve seen this one coming, too: Brokeback to the Future.

MSNBC sex survey. (Thanks, Ed!)

A term paper that’s not only worth stealing, its worth READING!

Try this 3D Face Generator. Answer a few questions, and it will render what your face SHOULD look like! I would show you mine, but I’ve already humiliated myself once in this post.

The Dull Men’s Club. (Thanks, Tracey!) I know a few guys who should join immediately.

White Trash Haiku from Basil’s Blog.

One day a man came home from work earlier than usual and caught his wife in bed with his best friend. Enraged, the husband grabbed a gun and shot his friend to death.

His wife said, "Ya' know, if you go on like this, you're going to lose ALL your friends."



Your Five Factor Personality Profile

Extroversion:

You have medium extroversion.
You're not the life of the party, but you do show up for the party.
Sometimes you are full of energy and open to new social experiences.
But you also need to hibernate and enjoy your "down time."

Conscientiousness:

You have medium conscientiousness.
You're generally good at balancing work and play.
When you need to buckle down, you can usually get tasks done.
But you've been known to goof off when you know you can get away with it.

Agreeableness:

You have medium agreeableness.
You're generally a friendly and trusting person.
But you also have a healthy dose of cynicism.
You get along well with others, as long as they play fair.

Neuroticism:

You have low neuroticism.
You are very emotionally stable and mentally together.
Only the greatest setbacks upset you, and you bounce back quickly.
Overall, you are typically calm and relaxed - making others feel secure.

Openness to experience:

Your openness to new experiences is high.
In life, you tend to be an early adopter of all new things and ideas.
You'll try almost anything interesting, and you're constantly pushing your own limits.
A great connoisseir of art and beauty, you can find the positive side of almost anything.



ETHICS OR LOGIC?

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when
you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for a bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or, you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to *"Think Outside of the Box."*

HOWEVER....The actual correct answer is to run the old lady over and put her out of her misery, have sex with the perfect partner on the hood of the car, then drive off with the old friend for a few beers...

MORE LINKS

Demonic Tots and deeply disturbing cuisine.

I found some really sweet photos for bibliophiles! Books grouped by color. Furniture made of books. Awesome tower of books.

How to turn your friends into zombies. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Flash animation set to Tom Lehrer’s “The Elements”. Very old song that still amazes.

Steve Jobs dress up game.

Ultra Condensed Science Fiction books. Easier than using Cliff Notes. Takes only a minute to read each book.

EARLY PHOTOS OF CELEBRITIES




































































Thought for today: It's funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious.

P.S. Please say a prayer for me. I'm quitting smoking tomorrow. I AM!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Holy moley. I will say a prayer. Good for you. I will ask for the prayer back at some point in time...

An idea about the blogs: Sign up for Bloglines. It's an RSS feed aggregator, and for those folks who provide RSS feeds (like yours truly) you can actually read the posts there. You have to subscribe, but you can do it by hand (Add/type in URL/hit subscribe). It could keep you up on what's going on when you can't directly to the blogs...

Carl said...

Funny, I always pictured you with nicer boobs, but you dance pretty good.... :-)

Good luck on the smoking thing. I did that 25 years ago after being a three pack a day kid (I was a rough child) and never looked back.

Ed Bremson, MFA said...

Who says no one reads you on weekends? Great blog! Your humor seems a little more sardonic. Maybe it's your problems with the google blogs. I received an email from someone today who said he was having trouble loading my blog and others, and I was wondering if your problem was more widespread? Blogger is supposed to do a 2 hour maintenance today I think. Think that will help? WRT the smoking thing: you can do it. I, like Carl, was a three packer. I stopped in 1984. If he and I can quit, so can you. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

It is strange that you are unable to load blogspot.com. Just a thought.. but do you have a virus checker that has a network security option. I know I was having trouble opening my Google mail for awhile... but just had to set my software to accept the link.

Wishing you all the best with the "No Smoking". I did it four years ago and am living proof that it can be done. It is not easy.. but the freedom of not smoking is absolutely wonderful.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

You are not a weirdo. You actually are a cute little Muglet.

DO quit smoking. I didn't quit in time. You don't want to be like me. No.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Oh, Missy: I finally got you linked at my site. Sry for the delay.

LZ Blogger said...

Ms.C ~ I quite smoking when you could buy a CARTON on Marlboro Reds for $1.99 I used my own form of aversion therapy. I put wheat germ tablets in an empty flip top box and carried then in my shrit pocket just like they were my smokes. And whenever I got the urge, I would eat one of those (NON-chewable tablets). They were NASTY, but it worked. I have not had another smoke in over 38 years now. It only took me a few days to get over wanting to reach for a smoke and have another NASTY wheat germ tablet. GOOD LUCK! If I can do it, anyone can! ~ jb///

Miss Cellania said...

Thank, guys! I need all the encouragement I can get. I had no idea I was surrounded by ex-smokers!