Sunday, October 09, 2022

The Refrigerator Candy Dispenser





Imagine getting a cup of Reece’s minis, peppermint patties, M&Ms, and Skittles anytime you want! Deric Peace said he’d replaced the ice in his refrigerator door dispenser with candy. He even posted this picture to reddit. It sounds like a great idea, but some were a bit skeptical as to whether it worked, so he had to show us a video. He says,
Literally just came to me the other night, and I said, I don't really use the ice maker for ice, and I wonder...the next morning I spent about 40 dollars at Rite-Aid, and the woman who checked me out thought I was an idiot. Probably still am, but when I poured in the first batch of reese's cups, and they just poured out like I hit the candy jackpot, I was beside myself. I love candy, I love making things easier, and making non-useful things (to me) more so. That's really it.
But he has ideas for improving on his innovation.
Wash out the bin, and then fill with candy that is not wrapped. This is my next step, and I have a lot of candy to eat quickly. Good thing I have friends to share the burden with. I am not going back to ice, this usage is permanent.
He even posted another video to apologize for shooting the video in portrait mode -and to answer some more questions. In case you are wondering, Peace has no children. But I’m sure he will have lots of visitors! 

No comments: