Monday, May 08, 2017

Miss Cellania's Links

10 Crime-Fighting Tricks the Bad Guys Didn’t See Coming.

Trump says 'everybody', not just Australia, has better healthcare than US. Maybe he should consider their single-payer systems.

20 Hilarious Wikipedia Edits.

Jostens Yearbooks scammed Our High School for Years. (via Boing Boing)

10 Fascinating Facts About the Easy-Bake Oven. I never had one as a kid, and now I know why.

The High Price of Leaving Ultra-Orthodox Life. (via Metafilter)

Landline Users Now a Minority in America. 

The Forgotten Story Of The Radium Girls, Whose Deaths Saved Thousands Of Workers' Lives.

That Time the French Aristocracy Was Obsessed With Sexy Face Stickers. In the 17th and 18th centuries, artificial moles and birthmarks became fashionable, meant to bring distinction to a face that might otherwise look like everyone else.

15 Secrets of Forensic Artists.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Landline Users: How do they count VOIP? Mine is not connected to the phone line, just the internet modem. However, I have the same number that I have had for 30+ years. It is not physically portable. Do I count as a landline user? I also have a cellphone which is portable.

Miss Cellania said...

I guess you'd have to ask the folks who did the survey about VOIP. But aren't all cellphones portable?